CARIFESTA XIII Grand Market and Buyers’ Shopping Mall
For Film, Music, Fashion, Festivals, Cuisine, Literature and Visual Arts & Craft
CARIFESTA is the largest gathering in the Caribbean of cultural goods and services but it is yet to be exposed to buyers whether regionally or internationally. Hence it provides a unique opportunity to reshape the approach to how we expose Culture and in particular the Cultural and Creative Industries during the Festival.
The traditional Grand Market has been redesigned as a market place, specifically for attracting retail buyers of creative goods, services and experiences. This market place will comprise of a open and indoor Grand Market and Buyer’s Shopping Mall at Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre and an annexed Music and Film Hub at the Sheraton Centre & Olympus Theatres. All created with the intent of taking creativity to market. In addition to retail buyers, the general public will be invited to be part of this mall like atmosphere.
See map below.
from across the world will be invited to the CARIFESTA XIII Market place
- Buyers of Film: Cinema Owners; Networks; Distributors.
- Buyers of Festivals (including performing arts): Theatre Company Producers; Travel Agents; Entertainment Booking Agents; International Festival Circuit Promoters.
- Buyers of Music: Producers; Writers; Publishers; Booking Agents.
- Buyers of Home Products (inclusive Visual Arts and Craft): Home and Antique Stores; Galleries and Museums; Private Collectors; Online Stores.
- Buyers of Fashion & Apparel: Department Stores; Boutique Owners; Online Stores.
- Buyers of Gourmet Cuisine: Restaurants & Bars; Supermarkets; Grocers.
- Buyers of Literature: Book stores; Electronic and Paperback Publishers.
- 70 – 10×10 booths of: Outdoor Demonstration Booths; Additional Outdoor Visual Arts, Craft booths; Outdoor Caribbean Food Court
- Green Space seating
- 9 days of Live Performances from two performance Stages
A LOOK BACK AT CARIFESTA XII: Concert at Grand Market, Carifesta 2015, in Haiti. Performances: Belize, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, System Band, Top Adlerman. Hosts: Carel Pedre and Ed Lozama.
INDOOR SHOPPING MALL
- Modern Exhibition facilities laid out like a department store for over 200 booths
- Attractive booth designs
- Televised Home Shopping
- Merchandising services
- Sales Agent to Retail Buyer Services
- Inclusion in electronic & printed buyers booklet
- Home: Paintings, Photography, Sculptures, Craft, Home Accents, Furnishings, Pottery, handmade items, gifts & things, decor
- Festivals: Events, Performing Arts, Festivals
- Fashion & Apparel: Leathers, Shoes, Jewelry, Cosmetics, Clothing & other accessories
- Gourmet: Preserves, Condiments, Nuts & Seeds, Pastries & Cakes, batters & dough, Confectionery, Wines & Spirits, Beverages
- Literature: Published Books, Comics, Illustrations for literature
- Music: Vocalists; Instrumentalist; writers; producers
MAP TO GRAND MARKET & BUYERS SHOPPING MALL @ LLOYD ERSKINE SANDIFORD CENTRE (LESC)
FESTIVAL VILLAGE - Llyod Erskine Sandiford Centre
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth
Sky Mall Complex
Tel: +1-246-621-2700 Ext 721
Cultural Industries Development Authority
The National Cultural Foundation
Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
Government Information Service
Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation
Caribbean Media Corporation
Barbados Hotel &Tourism Association
Book Barbados Now
Intimate Hotels of Barbados
Barbados Museum & Historical Society