CARIFESTA XIII Grand Market and Buyers’ Shopping Mall
For Film, Music, Fashion, Festivals, Cuisine, Literature and Visual Arts & Craft
Local and regional entrepreneurs will have a rare opportunity to showcase their products to international buyers as well as shoppers from the Caribbean when the new CARIFESTA Grand Market and Buyer’s Shopping Mall opens at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre (LESC) on August 17th.
Described by Coordinator Andre Hoyte as a ‘Shopping Mall’, the traditional grand market of CARIFESTA has been redesigned specifically to attract retail buyers. In addition to those from the region, buyers have been invited from the USA, Canada, Columbia and Europe. The Caribbean Export Agency has also invited a number of buyers who will be seeking Caribbean products for world markets. LESC will house some 280 booths during the 10 day Festival that will feature craft, fine art, fashion, food, music, festivals, home décor and literature to name a few of the items expected on show. The market will comprise an outdoor and indoor grand market and shopping mall as well as a Film Hub at the Sheraton Centre and Olympus Theatres not far away.
“We intend to expose Caribbean Products and Services in all creative categories during this Market Place for the Cultural Industries from home craft furnishings and gifts, to Caribbean festivals and events, to items of fashion and apparel to all aspects of food and beverage” explained Festival Director Andrea Wells. “At the end of this we want to show that Caribbean products can hold their own in the international marketplaces.” She added.
Along with the buyers, the public is invited to the 8 day showcase to see and purchase items and be entertained by the performances from the two stages at the Centre. A full Caribbean menu featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available for purchase in the Caribbean Food Court where meals will be freshly prepared onsite.
The Grand Market and Buyers Shopping Mall will feature a number of innovations including televised home shopping via ‘CARIFESTA TV’, a department store layout and an electronic and printed buyers’ booklet. Daily fashion shows will also be featured, in order to highlight the many regional designers coming for the Festival.
Food tastings, meet the writer sessions, writers’ sales and open mike sessions as well as the Country Night Stages will all form part of the overall experience for patrons, but interested entrepreneurs are invited to register anytime before April 30 2017.
See map at bottom.
from across the world will be invited to the CARIFESTA XIII Market place
- Buyers of Film: Cinema Owners; Networks; Distributors.
- Buyers of Festivals (including performing arts): Theatre Company Producers; Travel Agents; Entertainment Booking Agents; International Festival Circuit Promoters.
- Buyers of Music: Producers; Writers; Publishers; Booking Agents.
- Buyers of Home Products (inclusive Visual Arts and Craft): Home and Antique Stores; Galleries and Museums; Private Collectors; Online Stores.
- Buyers of Fashion & Apparel: Department Stores; Boutique Owners; Online Stores.
- Buyers of Gourmet Cuisine: Restaurants & Bars; Supermarkets; Grocers.
- Buyers of Literature: Book stores; Electronic and Paperback Publishers.
- 70 – 10×10 booths of: Outdoor Demonstration Booths; Additional Outdoor Visual Arts, Craft booths; Outdoor Caribbean Food Court
- Green Space seating
- 9 days of Live Performances from two performance Stages
A LOOK BACK AT CARIFESTA XII: Concert at Grand Market, Carifesta 2015, in Haiti. Performances: Belize, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, System Band, Top Adlerman. Hosts: Carel Pedre and Ed Lozama.
INDOOR SHOPPING MALL
- Modern Exhibition facilities laid out like a department store for over 200 booths
- Attractive booth designs
- Televised Home Shopping
- Merchandising services
- Sales Agent to Retail Buyer Services
- Inclusion in electronic & printed buyers booklet
- Home: Paintings, Photography, Sculptures, Craft, Home Accents, Furnishings, Pottery, handmade items, gifts & things, decor
- Festivals: Events, Performing Arts, Festivals
- Fashion & Apparel: Leathers, Shoes, Jewelry, Cosmetics, Clothing & other accessories
- Gourmet: Preserves, Condiments, Nuts & Seeds, Pastries & Cakes, batters & dough, Confectionery, Wines & Spirits, Beverages
- Literature: Published Books, Comics, Illustrations for literature
- Music: Vocalists; Instrumentalist; writers; producers
MAP TO GRAND MARKET & BUYERS SHOPPING MALL @ LLOYD ERSKINE SANDIFORD CENTRE (LESC)
FESTIVAL VILLAGE - Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth
Sky Mall Complex
Tel: +1-246-621-2700 Ext 721
Cultural Industries Development Authority
The National Cultural Foundation
Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
Government Information Service
Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation
Caribbean Media Corporation
Barbados Hotel &Tourism Association
Book Barbados Now
Intimate Hotels of Barbados
Barbados Museum & Historical Society